Use Of Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
At Lyca Tel, LLC ("Lycatalk"), we look after your CPNI carefully. We adhere to the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission Order of 2007 relating to Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and other applicable Federal laws and requirements. Lycatalk also maintains standards in excess of those required by legislation in the United States relating to your CPNI and applies strict adherence to this policy for all data held by Lycatalk relating to customers, not just information that is defined as CPNI.
What is CPNI?
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that Lycatalk can obtain when providing telecommunications services to you. CPNI can include details of how you use the Lycatalk service, such as your account top up information related to the provision of the Lycatalk service, the types of calls you make (to fixed line or cellular phones) and the destination number that you dial to connect and use Lycatalk's services.
You should note that your underlying service provider telephone number to use the Lycatalk service, as well as details such as your name and address are not considered CPNI but are also stored by Lycatalk. You should contact your underlying service provider for details of any CPNI held relating to use of Lycatalk access numbers to provide access to the Lycatalk service.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following CPNI about you:
- Your call data records including Traffic Data and Location Data, top-up records, credit card or debit card details and billing records.
- If you contact our Customer Services Department, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including copies of e-mails and your e-mail address. We may also monitor or record any telephone calls made to our Customer Services Department for quality assurance.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website: www.lycatalk.us This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or our telephone services and products.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services. For example, now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we're doing.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, troubleshooting and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about a user's browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
Where we store your CPNI
Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your CPNI whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your CPNI, Lycatalk cannot guarantee the safety of any CPNI you transmit to Lycatalk online.
The CPNI that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in a destination outside United States of America. It may be processed by staff that operate outside of United States of America and who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. For example, Lycatalk uses call centre and technical services from associated companies in the UK, Ireland and India.
Where the data protection laws of these countries do not provide the same level of data protection as in United States of America, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are at least compliant with the requirements of Canadian Federal laws particularly requiring appropriate security measures from any such third parties, set out in a contract between us, to protect your CPNI; and monitoring compliance with such security measures for the lifetime of our relationship with such third parties.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of your CPNI
We use CPNI held about you in the following ways:
- Verifying your identity and supplying information to the manager of the Integrated Public Number Database,
- supplying the Products and Services to you,
- the administration of your Account by the Customer Services Department,
- providing you with service information, for example about Network faults,
- the prevention or detection of fraud,
- market research and profiling your usage and purchase preferences, and
- complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Lycatalk and other Lyca companies may also use your CPNI to contact you by post, telephone, e-mail or SMS to let you know about products and services offered by Lycatalk, other Lyca group companies and selected companies, including any special offers and promotions, which may interest you. If you do not wish to receive this information or be contacted in this way, you may at any time, free of any charge, opt out of this direct marketing by requesting to be put on a designated list. You may make this request by contacting the Customer Services Department or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We won't ever share your details with companies outside the Lyca group for marketing purposes without your consent.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Sydney). We may make use of the CPNI we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your CPNI to any member of our group of companies in respect of the uses set out above.
We may disclose your CPNI to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your CPNI in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lycatalk, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your CPNI for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to a marketing company. You can exercise your right to prevent this processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data at the time of collection or you can also exercise the right to opt out at any time by contacting the Customer Services Department at the address below.
Access to Information
You're welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like. If you need us to send it to you, we reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for providing access to your information, to cover the cost of our administration. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we'll amend them right away. If you'd like us to send you the information, you can write to our Customer Services Department at the below address.
Links from our Website to other Websites
Please be aware that our website provides access to other websites by linking to them. We are only responsible for the privacy, content or security of the Lycatalk website.
If you have any comments or queries concerning use of your CPNI, please contact the Customer Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 1-877-722-5005